The short version is: we won't do anything we wouldn't want to happen to us. So, that means we won't sell, rent or otherwise give away your email address or any other data to anyone else.
Last Revised: 1 December, 2011
- If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your questions.
2. Personal information collected
- We will collect the following personal information from you:
- name, a user name, date of birth; and
- e-mail address.
- Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services the Site and our Social Games have to offer.
- Any Ludometrics employees, or external agencies as aftermentioned will have access to your data.
- If you want to find out what data we keep about you, you can write to us using the link above and we will let you know. We will not charge you for your first request but any subsequent requests may be subject to a nominal fee not exceeding £10 plus VAT.
3. Use of this information
- We will use this personal information in order to:
- administer your account with us;
- process orders or applications submitted by you;
- send you information about our products and services and to send you newsletters if you opt in for such;
- verify your identity;
- carry out marketing analysis and make general improvements to our Site, Social Games and Services;
- to obtain your views or comments on the Services we provide;
- contact the winners of our competitions and to help us plan other promotional activity.
4. Sharing this information
- Certain services available on this Site and our Social Games may be offered in conjunction with an external agency.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
5. Information automatically collected from your computer
- When you visit the Site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP is not linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect demographic information.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Social Games. For example, we automatically send and receive information to and from your computer which we use to automatically update (new features, bug fixes, etc) our Social Games and associated Services.
- We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which you use to provide you with a more effective service.
6. Cookies, etc.
7. Changes to your details
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below.
8. Use of our forums, etc.
The Site or Social Game may from time to time include forums, message boards and/or news groups on which you can post information. Any information that you post in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal details as part of that information.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use.
10. Linking to third party websites
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site or Social Games and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- In addition, if you linked to this Site or any of our Social Games from a third party site we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommended that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Ludometrics does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Ludometrics' registration form has a check box to confirm that you are age 13 or older and Ludometrics is entitled to rely on your response if you check that box.
Ludometrics whilst wishing to take every care in relation to children under the age of 13 believes that it is the responsibility of parents to ensure that children who have access to this website or our Social Games are properly and carefully supervised.
- Any data we hold about you will not be disclosed except:-
- Where we are lawfully required to do so.
13. Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or write to us at Ludometrics Ltd, 227 West George Street, Glasgow G2 2ND, Scotland.
Legal stuff is generally quite tedious and boring to read, but it plays an important role. So our lawyers like to tell us, at any rate.
To lighten things up for you, here's a picture of an otter showing you its baby: